Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Thing 11.5: 11.5 Things

1. What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?
I learned so many neat things this summer. First of all, I also feel like what I was doing, was validated. I really LOVED the Screencast - that was SO cool! I also enjoyed finding videos that could be used and shared with my class and parents.

2. How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?My lifelong learning goals are and will always be growing with technology and keeping up with the latest and greatest ways to incorporate it with our curriculum.

3. Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
Second Life really took me by surprise. I knew that there were games like that available, but had never dabbled in it to know what it was about. I really couldn't stand it because I'm too wiggly to sit still and "game" on the computer. I didn't see much in it - but that is because I'm in the primary sector of education.
Again, with the Screencasting, I am planning on putting together some staff development trainings where people can go and "rewatch" how to do something!

4. What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?
I'm not sure if you could do anything differently! I really appreciate being able to participate from home at my leisure - and being able to do some when I'm on the road too! This was such a great training - thanks so much!

1 comment:

arkreynolds said...

Congratulations on finishing! I agree it is great to learn and earn credit while at home and traveling. I love being able to still be with my family and working on my schedule! Screenshot is great. Enjoy using your new tools. Now, get a few days of rest before you have to return to school.