Sunday, May 26, 2013

QR Codes

Visual QR Code Color QR Code
Mrs. Trevino's 2nd Grade Blog
After reading, 7 Fun Ways to Use QR Codes In Education, I learned that there is so much more interaction I could do in my classroom using our iTouches and iPad devices. Here are some of the ideas that the article provided
1. Worksheets ~ Create a 3 – In – A Row worksheets for students to play with another student. 
2. Scavenger Hunts ~ Post codes around the school have student solve problems and find the correct answers. 
3. Pass It ~ You can create several problems on one worksheet, cut them and play Pass It. Each student/group solves a problem and them pass it to the next student/group. 
4. Contact Information for Parents and Students ~ Post in classroom for students and parents to obtain phone number, email address, class website, etc. 
5. Notes ~ Such an easy way to post notes and great for students to always have access to them at all times. 
6. Assignments ~ Post Homework assignments in codes for students to scan before leaving class. 
7. Hints/Tutorials to assist on problems ~ Use when students are solving problems. They can scan the code when they are having trouble or need help.
The article also suggested this QR Generator.  It was easy and I liked how I could place images on it... Made things look a interesting!Who would have ever thought that QR Codes stood for "Quick Response Codes?"  It makes total sense!!!  I am thinking that this next year, I'll create several that easily connect the kids with different "databases" that our district supplies so that they can easily complete their research on birds...  
I can also see myself using this for other things that help me "Flip My Classroom."




No comments: