Sunday, February 24, 2013

Personal Learning Network

What defines ones PLN?  

Having a "Personal Learning Network" is essential to those great first teachings!  It is also beneficial when students begin to collaborate with other children in the world.  A PLN is basically those connections that people make either by in passing, or by suggestion, or by locating them using the world wide web.  I have met many people that I converse with about my teaching.  I also have met people that help me to determine which platforms to use for productivity, or how to challenge students further in certain areas.  I seek to them for advice on what works or how to achieve certain tasks.

One of the greatest encounters of my profession, has been with Arizona State University.  They helped bring in some of the top ornithologist to my class without having to leave the campus.  Our walls were torn down and the children were able to travel outside to learn more in - depth into the world of birds.  ASU created so many sparks that fired off questions and answers - bringing those rigor and relevance lessons into real life situations.  It helped my students see that the sky is the limit!  All one really needs to do is reach outside for more answers!!!

This is a movie that was part of the 11.5 tools that the district posted.  It really helped me understand that it takes a network of people to create success.  It is those connections that are brought to the table to  help students achieve their goals!

The Networked Student - The Movie


Margaret Powers' PLN


easel.ly

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy reading your blog posts. It is interesting to learn how you got started with your own PLN. You have grown so much since then. Good job!