Monday, March 11, 2013

Podcasting

This was such a great way to "show and tell" bits and pieces of information that we have learned from our research on the Bald Eagle.  Kids recorded their "script" into Garage Band and then shared the file into my iTunes account.  We then pulled the audio file into iMovie and attached a royalty free photograph to it and exported it as a .mp4 file.  Now, kids from all over can learn cool facts that my second graders discovered!
I'm really excited that I participated in the Alcoa Bald Eagle Project - simply because it has taken my way of teaching to more of one that is "outside of the box".  Special thanks to Aaron Maurer for all his intelligent ways to use to technology!!!  This has been phenomenal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing Ms. Trevino's class! I learned a new fact about bald eagles. I thought that they ONLY ate fish but now I know they will occasionally eat a rabbit, snake or roadrunners! I'm still learning!

Theresa said...

Karen - you should check out some of the pictures I have on the blog. You can actually see part of the animals. It's crazy gross and the kids love it!