Thursday, September 19, 2013

Happy Secrets to Better Work

I really enjoyed what Shawn Anchor had to say in his "TED" Talk session.  It makes a lot of sense.  I can tell you that from my personal life, adding exercise DID change the way I work!  Over a year ago, I joined a local gym. I started working out with 2 co-workers every morning - hardly being able to complete 1 sit-up. I had never ran either...  That summer, I accomplished my goal.  I was able to survive the treadmill for 15 enduring minutes as I ran my first mile EVER!  For the past year, I have been participating in a 5:00 am boot camp class that meets 3 times a week.   I've ran 10 5K Races, 2 10K Races, and am scheduled to run the Houston Half Marathon in January.  I believe that all the "endorphins" that come from exercise have made me a happier person!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so motivating! while I'm not doing the boot camp, I am attending the gym and working out on my own as well. I do agree, on days when I do some physical activity I feel better and am more productive!

Theresa said...

I'm addicted Karen! I look forward to my weekends so that I can run the streets rather then treadmill! :)