Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Thing 8:11.5 Things

Screencast-O-Matic is one of the coolest tools I have played with so far. I can really see how beneficial this could be - espcially if you want to challenge students from a remote location without being present. For example, this past year, I created a "hard" copy of directions (Trading Cards off of www.bighugelabs.coom) for one student to take home and follow. After he felt confident in what he was doing, I then sent small groups to the classroom computers (and sometimes we spilled over to my collegues' computer stations) and had him teach it to his friends. It not only cut down on the amount of time, but it made them proficient all while their self-esteem rose! I am hoping to do this for my team-mates as they want to learn how to create blogs.

No comments: