Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Thing 2: 11.5 Things

Wordle.net is one of my favorite websites! In second grade, we use this image generator to:


Get to know one another at the beginning of school.

To show different things about the 10 states that our students learn.

To reflect on the American Heroes unit.

To help depict a character from a story and the traits that he / she had.

Specific bird & their characteristics / habitat.

Glogster was pretty neat except it took a lot of time for me to do anything with pictures. I'm not sure if it is a server issue or weather related issue, etc... Then, I got stuck using a frame for the pictures I had uploaded. Well, I learned to fix it, just re-insert the photo without clicking on the "frame" tab above. This website is like "high - tech" scrapbooking! I probably missed the point of this activity!

http://trevinot.edu.glogster.com/kinder/




Animoto is an awesome sight too! My kids absolutely LOVE making movies. This past year I used it to help win an iMac computer through www.playnormous.com. The kids researched healthy foods and then uploaded the pictures and made a movie... They even went into Powerpoint and saved the pictures as a .jpg rather than a .gif.


1 comment:

RCELibrarian said...

i see you are zooming through...you use most of this all of the time already!
Keep up the good work