Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Thing 3: 11.5 Things

How might Skype be used in the Library or classroom?

Skype is a new concept that could open up many new doors for all learners. I'm thinking in particular, those students who come with a limited amount of background experiences. Or, those kids who thrive to know more about a topic such as NASA. This would allow for several learners to either grasp basic knowledge on a specific topic, or to persue subjects that are of particular interest. When looking through the links, I found where I could have my second grade class hook up with a zoologist at the San Diego Zoo to learn more about birds. This would be such a fascinating video conference!



My goal is to find a camera and hook it up and give it a try. I really want to use this with my class this next year!

1 comment:

RCELibrarian said...

Theresa...use your big mac...it has a built in camera and mic...it works perfectly! I've done a couple in the library...this summer we had a professor from UT talk to the kids about earthquakes and volcanoes...it was too cool!