Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Tool # 5: Producing with Web 2.0 Tools

1. Use at least two of the tools above to create products. Think about your content. Create a “set” for one of your lessons! Or, consider providing the site as a choice for your students to create products. Make a model for a student created product.


2 Then, embed both products in your blog or link to the products from your blog. 

Hedgie's World! on Storybird







3. Describe for your readers how you think each tool can be incorporated into your classroom - how you could see the tool being used by you instructionally and your students to demonstrate their understanding of a concept or topic in your classroom.


Animoto: We use this website all the time! We use it to:
  • Create short video clips of field trips, 
  • Show what is going on in the classroom 
  • To create special things for parents.  
This past year, my class made digital Christmas / Hanukkah cards and embedded a short video clip wishing them a Happy Holiday! Another year, we made an Animoto for our state projects. I would say, that this is one of the most universal sites to use that can be integrated with just about anything.


Storybird: This is a very cool website! I have had fun experimenting with it. I can only imagine how my student's could use this to create stories and collaborate with children on other campuses or around the world!

Big Huge Labs: This is another one of my favorites! I love this website because it is easy to use and can be integrated into anything. In the past, I've had my kids:
  • Create Bird Facts
  • Create a Timeline of Themselves
  • Book Summary

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Your tips are such great support for those of us that are still learning. Thanks for the inspiration.

SFoster said...

Loved that we were both able to use these ideas with our 2nd graders this year! Thank you for the fabulous idea for the new use of animoto into the iMovie for the end of the year gift for the kiddos.

Theresa said...

Nancy - I also sent you a google doc. That will help you with some of the tools. It was from my workshop that I did yesterday with the WEB 2.0 tools. Those, by the way, are some of my favorites!

Theresa said...

Foster - That was easy. Only, my class had an extra bonus. Don't be jealous....

But, I accidentally had the Mother's Day one in twice. I felt like an idiot but what can I do? Oh well... Remember this for next year... Look through it carefully before saving it!