Thursday, June 18, 2009

Thing 19

Facebook has been so much fun to use! I have found long lost friends, and been able to keep up with the ones I have now. The most fun I have, however, is keeping in contact with some of my parents and seeing their fun family photographs from vacations. I have a student who now lives in another country – and have been able to keep in contact by FB. It does require time and it is so easy to get “sucked in” to the network!
I tried My Heritage and didn’t go very far. I think they wanted me to pay to get the “fast” pass and I was not willing to do it.
I’ve used Wetpaint successfully and would recommend it to anyone! It just seemed to have complications when inviting members – those that are not tech savvy struggled to register.
Twitter is on my list of things to fully explore this summer – however, in some cases I could care less of what others are doing and what things are good, great, etc.
Pandora music was happened upon when I was trying to look up the bracelet and charms. It is a cool website and plays all types of music.
You Tube is cool as well! I have an account that I use to download my Animoto videos from.

1 comment:

VWB said...

as far as I have been able to determine, the success of Twitter comes down to the individuals or groups you choose to follow! I plan on keeping my list pared down to teacher-librarian-educators who cover relevant topics to avoid as much of the "what's for breakfast" conversation that I can!