Thursday, June 11, 2009

Thing 8

RSS feeds sure did confuse the heck out of me last year. But, now that I’ve spent some time on it – I can see it at first glance on web pages! I think that I would have LOVED to have a feed to my cell when we were on lockdown this last year. A colleague and I were taking the class out to recess when we were told to get to a secure location immediately. We had ½ of a class missing (probably with the sub) and had to figure out who was not with us, etc… In the midst of this, I had also heard that a gunman was trying to enter Bendwood – where my son goes to school… So, a little info via the Blackberry would have been spectacular! I will be updating this!!!
The feeds that I included on my blog happen to be comics. I know I should use more educational ones – but I think humor is such an important aspect of the well-rounded child. Plus, I just love reading them and can sometimes use them as my “hook” for a lesson! I have to admit, I used to have a weather feed but deleted it b/c it emailed me WAY TOO much!

No comments: