Monday, June 22, 2009

Thing 23

What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?

My favorite discoveries / exercises on this learning journey was learning more in dept about blogs and what you can do to add neat tools to it such as RSS feeds, Gadgets, Videos, etc.

How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?

I am always up for a technological challenge. I love being able to learn more technology and integrate it into learning because that is where our future is going! I’m am like that little sponge who soaks it all up and then applies what I have learned.

Were there any take a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?

Had you mentioned to me as a child that there would be an internet with places like www.bighugelabs.com, www.facebook.com, I would not have believed you. Simple email in the 90’s was something that was astonishing to me! The internet has just opened the gateway to infinity learning!
I cannot believe how many social networking websites there are. Not that I would use them – but holy cow! If I needed to find someone, I have many places I could search for them.
Taking things away – I love using the photostory and many image generators. I will continue to use them in the classroom – just more this next year!

What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?

I couldn’t watch all the videos. I had to go to my home computer to do it. I think maybe it was with YouTube but I could have sworn we had rights to go there through the district.

If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you choose to participate?

I am planning to do the next round next summer. I’ve already browsed some on a few blogs and it seems impressive.

How would you describe your learning experience in ONE WORD or in ONE SENTENCE, so we could use your words to promote 23 Things learning activities?

Glorious!

2 comments:

RCELibrarian said...

Congratulations Theresa...I knew you would fly through this...we've done too much of this at school...I think I may have another computer for your classroom...so I expect you to wonders with your kids...wait till you see the cool stuff in the library...take a break...enjoy your kids...

Theresa said...

I totally CANNOT wait! Is it the very cool mac? Just kidding! I'll use it though - where-ever it is. I did submit my minigrant and I'm waiting to see now.

Thanks for everything Karen! I feel as if I was in the PREAP class all year and that is why so much of this was easy! You ROCK!