Friday, June 19, 2009

Thing 21

I have used Photostory now for two years to produce Mother's Day videos as presents. The parents have thoroughly enjoyed them. Here is how I do it without them knowing. First, around February, I ask for photographs from my students that show them growing up. This usually includes a picture at birth and then one for each year after that. Secondly, before we create our timelines, I have a child scan in the pictures and save it into the child’s folder on our district's server. That way, when the time comes, they have the photos right were then need them. I also take a lot of school pictures which helps them with choice. Lastly, I sign up in the computer lab for a demonstration and we go to town. I have one to share, with permission from my student. I’m thinking of doing one for father’s day – but we will see if I get it done!

No comments: