Thursday, June 11, 2009

Thing 7

I am very picky about internet search tools. I use them all for different reasons! Google, seems to be my favorite as it has such a wide variety of advanced search tools. I LOVE the images that I can quickly retrieve when I’m describing something, or using it to help the ESL learner. The book summaries are VERY cool too. I use them when I want to pretend that I’ve read something – kind of like the cliff notes version but for free! I can actually do “book talk” with my 14 year old who reads like there is NO tomorrow! I like Yahoo too – but mostly for driving directions! I like the calendar idea but it isn’t practical for me at this point. If I need something to be reminded to my team, or me I’d rather set that up in Microsoft Outlook! Very easy to do and it rings a bell! I recently discovered a newer search engine – www.swagbucks.com. This site allows you to earn “swagbucks” which you can eventually turn into money – like airline tickets.

2 comments:

Jan Williams said...

Where do you find the book summaries on Google? Is their a certain search term you put in? Do you just type in the book or is there a certain place that tells you the summaries?
Thanks---There is not enough time in the day to read all the wonderful books but I would love to be familiar with lots!!

Theresa said...

After you go to www.google.com, up in the toolbar, you will see "More" with an arrow down. Select it and then go to "Books". You can type in a title of the book and sometimes get summaries like Cliff Notes. It has helped my teenage tremendously.